3 HOURS / DAY
Explore a bewitching world of jazz at 'Jazz Tactics and & Essentials of Improvisation' workshop. A sublime ambiance of freedom expressed by music, seamlessly fused with diverse cultures. Participants will discover the techniques of improvisation from jazz's harmonic and rhythmic vocabulary, to master this art and cultivate jazz culture in the Arab world.
- Learn how to improvise in any important musical setting.
- Learn fundamental vocabularies and advanced tools that inspire you to narrate stories in jazz music.
- Learn multiple tactics that investigate the enigmas behind strong improvised melodies, and the rhythmic codes that spark a feeling of "swinging" as seen in all African-influenced music
o Day 1:
- An insight into the rhythmic structure of jazz.
- Define the rhythmic relationships between jazz these days (Cuban and Brazilian music as well).
- Understand the subdivisions in all their permutations and groupings.
- Enhance rhythmic awareness.
o Day 2:
- An insight into the harmony of jazz.
- Understand the harmonic relationships and techniques used in improvisation. Improvise on a jazz standard using chord symbols.
- Provide techniques aimed at mastering improvisation, such as scales, patterns, ear training, and phrasing exercises.
o Day 3:
- Art of ensemble playing.
- Understand the interaction between musicians and the art of group improvisation.
- Introduce the art of integration using jazz legends as examples.
- Apply all the above in hands-on practice with the participants